Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Payoff - Saturday Gumbo

After a hectic Twilight ticket acquiring afternoon, Nick got the chance to make his gumbo for dinner this afternoon. And - just like Shake and Bake - I helped. We try to help each other out in the kitchen while leaving one person clearly in charge (this tends to stave off the head-strong difference in ingredients or technique fights that we have otherwise. But we - ahem - mostly I - still have trouble keeping our mouths shut sometimes. But we work on things and we grow, right?). Anyway, I prepped the veggies and then headed out back to watch some backlogged The Rachel Zoe Project while Nick took care of the rest. I have some awesome timing, because I returned just in time to put the rice in the rice cooker.

Nick will be posting his thoughts on the gumbo over on the OKGastronaut, but let me just tell you, it's yummy friends. Be careful with the roux, though, because it go from chocolate to burned quickly. Which happened a little with this, but not too badly. Still delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment